We hope you’ve all been enjoying summer.
Here are some upcoming events in Port Moody.
First, the Moody Centre Community Association (MCCA) will be hosting a community picnic at Rocky Point Park on Saturday, Sept. 13, starting at 4:00 pm. It will be an event for all ages, and a great opportunity for people to get together in a social (and beautiful) setting. More information will follow by next weekend, and will also be available on our website.
Other events planned by MCCA include:
- Information meeting, Kyle Centre, Thurs., Oct. 9, 2014 — 7:00 pm
- All-candidates meeting, Kyle Centre, Wed., Nov. 5, 2014 — 7:00 pm
Other upcoming events in Port Moody:
- Tues., Sept. 2 — Land Use Committee (includes a rezoning application to change three single-family lots on St. John’s Street to Comprehensive Development (CD) to allow for 17 townhouse units). For more information, click here: Land Use Committee.
- Sat., Sept. 6 — Arts Centre, Grand Opening of Centennial Appleyard House (www.pomoarts.ca); the Centre is also prepared to offer “strike art camps” due to the uncertainty of the beginning of the school year (contact the Centre for details).
- Tues., Sept. 9 — first council meeting after summer break, details to follow.
Over the last few weeks, several new posts have been added to the MCCA website, and include (click on links to view):
- Spot the differences …
- “Monster home” council meeting of July 29, 2014
- Densification divergence
- 2014-08-14: City letter sent to Ioco Road Neighbourhood
- Climate change and neighbourhoods
As always, we welcome your questions, comments and input to MCCA.