2019-11: Development projects in progress or in pipeline, Port Moody
The following development areas marked in red on the Google aerial map are approximate, not exact. The city has indicated it will prepare a summary which will presumably be more sophisticated than the version below. This map will change as projects move forward, are stalled or withdrawn, and still others emerge.
Proposals such as narrow lot subdivision or other smaller applications are not shown below.
The Coronation Park area shown on the right-hand side of the map is identified in the city’s Official Community Plan (OCP), but no formal applications for redevelopment have yet been made. The Moody Centre TOD area (rectangle located near bottom centre right of map) is also identified in the city’s Official Community Plan (OCP), with no formal application for redevelopment yet on the city’s development application spreadsheet; however, the consortium of property owners has recently held public open houses.
City of Port Moody development applications
For more details on the areas in red above and to view complete list, view the city’s development applications spreadsheet at the link here.
Links to previous posts for areas marked in red above, roughly from west to east on the map:
- Woodland Park — Invitation for community information meeting, July 11, 2019
- Highview Place and 2115-2131 St Johns; see 2019: August-October — Changing neighbourhoods, photo collage
- July 2, 2019, CPAC meeting, Bold Paramount development proposal near bottom of Clarke Road hill
- 2019-11-05: Former Barnet Hotel site, plans to Planning Committee (CPAC)
- Westport proposed major development seeking approval to amend OCP and zoning bylaw (May 2019)
- Springcreek Development (Clarke, St Johns, Barnet); see Community Planning Advisory Committee (CPAC), October 2nd meeting/discussion (October 2018)
- June 13, 2017 Public Hearing, Item 2: Bold Properties, Clarke and St. Johns Streets, west Moody Centre
- 2222 Clarke St (12 townhouses); see Community Planning Advisory Committee (CPAC), October 2nd meeting/discussion (October 2018)
- 2301-2307 Clarke (30 stacked townhouse units); see 13, 2018 at city hall: 3 public hearings (Moody Centre), 1st “work” mtg of new council
- CPAC meeting, Nov. 7 — St. Andrews United Church OCP and Rezoning Amendments (2017)
- June 13, 2017 Public Hearing, Item 1: 2313-2315 St. Johns Street (15 townhouse units)
- 2421 Clarke (behind Burrard Public House); see Updates: ERH expansion plans, park expansion, CPAC meeting, mayor seat challenger, in the news
- Flavelle Public Hearing (“Oceanfront”) (July 2017)
- Land Use Committee — (1) Aragon re-submission; (2) Charles Street OCP changes (January 2016)
- 2019-09-27: Moody Centre TOD stakeholder workshops, preliminary plan
- June 25, 2019: Public hearing — Marcon development proposal for 43 townhouses 2800 block St George south side
- Site preparation, Marcon property, St George Street (3000 block) (February 2018)
- 2019-October: Proposed development for properties on St Johns, Buller, and St George streets
- September 10, 2019: Public Hearing — Forte Living
- Sept 3 2019: CPAC, OCP amendment to permit 11 storey terraced building, Henry Street
- Public Hearing: Woodbridge Properties on St. Johns, 142 rental units (November 2017
- July 10, 2018 at council — public hearings incl. new zoning bylaw, condo/apartment applications (50 Electronic Avenue, aka Centro, Panatch)
- 2019-10-01: CPAC meeting to review proposal for 6 storey apartment building, James Road
- July 23, 2019: Public hearing(s) for Westport Village, Porte Development, followed by regular council meeting
- CPAC meeting, April 3, 2018: Berezan proposal (3 towers), PC Urban (6-storey apartments); on hold
- Public hearing (Onni Suter Brook), council meeting, March 13, 2018; in the news
- PC Urban, Dewdney Trunk Road; see link two bullet points above
- Coronation Park Neighbourhood Plan Open House (May 2016)
City map, Evergreen Line sub-areas (Official Community Plan), link here. Note, does not show latest updates.
A look back at a few media articles leading up to current OCP adoption
- Big changes coming for Moody Centre, TCN, January 15, 2013
- Mixed bag of public feedback on Port Moody’s draft OCP, TCN, May 23, 2013
- Port Moody meeting tackles OCP density, waterfront issues, TCN, November 28, 2013
- PORT MOODY OCP: Differing opinions aired at meeting, TCN, March 20, 2014
The Moody Centre Community Association (MCCA) welcomes your comments.